Friday, April 24, 2015

Week 14: The Future of Comics

I briefly read through a couple of the posted titles but couldn't find any I liked until I cam across a really cool short comic called Demian Vogler's "When I Am King". This is a webcomic with a cute simple style full of animations and flashing colors. The color transition was really nice and a great way to convey the story. The comic was wordless but it didn't need words to be understood. The story follows this "king" who losses his crown and none recognizes him and his forced to go off and find it. He happen upon a camel that falls in love with him and follows him around eating people to protect him. Its a short funny story but really i think the best part of it was the way it was presented and the animations that accompanied the story line. I'm not really interested in webcomics but there is one I really like and its called The Oatmeal, its a series of short comics about random things in todays popular culture and also advice for things you really don't need advice on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment