Friday, April 3, 2015

Week Eleven: Comics as Contemporary Literature

This week I read Sandman Preludes and Nocturnes Vol.1 and Doll's House Vol.2. I really liked the stories in Doll's House and the first one was quite interesting. It was about pasting along a story through the generations, this story told about a city made of glass that was ruled by a beautiful queen. The queen had fallen in love with the lord of dreams and was unable to be with him because their love caused disaster because a moral couldn't be with the immortal; and their love caused the destruction of the city and its people. The story I read from Preludes and Nocturnes was about the Sandman recalling his memories and recovering items like his sand and dream stone that were stolen when he was gone. He travels through different realms to acquire what was his. The set style is super graphic and other worldly and I really like the artist's interpretation of Neil Gaiman's stories. Each story had the re occurring theme of dreams and the Sandman who controls the world of dreams. This is my first time ever reading this series, I never knew Neil Gaiman Had created a graphic novel since I'm familiar with his books like American Gods and Anansi boys. I look forward to reading more of this graphic novel and acquire a new favorite from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment