Friday, April 17, 2015

Week Thirteen: Reconsidering the Superhero

So I thought reading HellBoy would be interesting since I love the movies and I certainly was not disappointed. It starts of that Hell boy was the one responsible for the death of Hitler and was a cover up. Then come to find out they had saved his brain and put it onto a huge gorilla body that is known as Brainiape. I swear I laughed for a good hour after finding this out about how he had came to be telling his life story and how he faked his own suicide. I glad that Hell boys personally it the same in the comic as it is in the movies because i love his wise cracks and witty comebacks. I'm not entirely sure what is going on because I know nothing of the background story of one the characters named Dragon. I guess they call him dragon because he is huge and green with some kind of webbing on his head but he doesn't look like a dragon to me. Also I'm not familiar with the antagonists like the guy with the chicken head and the guy named Cyberface (what kind of name is that anyway?) Im guessing this is like a crossover comic where one super hero make an appearance in another's comic and they tag team or something because either of them are familiar with each other. I thought it was a funny take on history and how HellBoy fits in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment